[Savannah-hackers] [bugs #7331] Unable to make changes to CVSROOT files

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [bugs #7331] Unable to make changes to CVSROOT files
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:02:20 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[bugs #7331] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Thu 04/22/04 at 11:02 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
         Assigned to | None                      | Beuc

Hello,

CVSROOT write access will not be possible.
However, there is a work in progress to provide several common scripts, like
e-mail commit notification.

Can you describe what you need, so that administrators can try to include it?

[bugs #7331] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Earl Hood
On: Mon 01/19/04 at 18:04

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  Beuc

Original Submission:
This report is probably related to [bugs #7236], and
probably others that have to deal with CVSROOT files,
like commit mailings.

>From my perspective, this is a very import bug since files
like modules and cvswrappers cannot be modified, and all
CVSROOT files have been reset after the site security
compromise.

My project, MHonArc, uses the files modules and cvswrappers,
and currently, I am in a holding pattern on performing any
commits and new releases until I can restore these files
to the pre-compromised state.

Is there an ETA to fixing this problem?  I need to know if
I need to move the CVS repository elsewhere if it is going
to be awhile before the problem is fixed.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Thu 04/22/04 at 11:02         By: Beuc
Hello,

CVSROOT write access will not be possible.
However, there is a work in progress to provide several common scripts, like
e-mail commit notification.

Can you describe what you need, so that administrators can try to include it?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7331>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/