[Savannah-hackers] Re: Move from nongnu to gnu

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Move from nongnu to gnu
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:18:23 +0200

On 2004.04.26 22:53, Stefano wrote:
Alle 20:37, lunedì 26 aprile 2004, hai scritto:

> We are now able to move your project at Savannah from nongnu to gnu.
:-) I', happy to read these words!

> We plan to do the following changes:
> - stop updating the www.nongnu.org/project/ pages
> (if we can we will make a redirection, but certainly later)
If I have understand this means that "my" nongnu.org site will not be
erased, and for some time my project will have two locations, the old no more updated on nongnu.org and the new on gnu.org updated. I'm wrong?

No, I meant we will try to set up something so that:
www.nongnu.org/rottlog/abc/xyz.html
goes to:
www.gnu.org/software/rottlog/abc/xyz.html
but it is not done yet.

Until it is done, I suppose both websites will continue to exist as you described.

> (at your option we should be able to make both domain work)
I think that a complete move is the better choice. The mailing list
have so little traffic that I don't see advantages on maintaining both. (I'm sorry for my english... I hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you...)

That's perfectly clear.
rottlog-develop is now @gnu.org and not anymore @nongnu.org.
The Mailman access/archive is unchanged.

> - update the Savannah project page so it shows the project is part
> of the GNU project.
Ok! This is the major change! ;-)

This is done too :)
Moving the website to www.gnu.org will be done within the next days.

> Could you please reply and tell us if everything is fine for you?
Yeah! I'm completely fine with these choices!

Many many thanks for you work! :-)

--
Saluti,
  Stefano