Re: [Savannah-hackers] little howto

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] little howto
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:51:01 +0200

On 2004.04.30 05:21, Hugo Gayosso wrote:
Yes it is related to the license issue, as far as I know, we don't
want to host software released under a license incompatible with the
GNU GPL.

The idea is that users can be sure that they can use and mix any
packages found in Savannah.

I think I found: both PHP3 and PHP4 are released under a GPL- incompatible license. However, a part of PHP4 is released under the Zend license v2, which has the original BSD 'practical problem', so I suppose we are not supporting PHP4. And of course, the PHP packages themselves should we released under a GPL compatible license, but that is a separate issue.

Lastly, I think we also should teach people to use 'free software' and not 'Open Source' if they ever mention the latter in their project description.