Re: [Savannah-hackers] Searchin for GNU Emacs does not find it

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Searchin for GNU Emacs does not find it
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:59:22 +0100 (BST)

> I saw this message:
>
>>> - A simple search for "emacs" on savannah.gnu.org no longer finds GNU
>>> Emacs
>>>

>>> http://savannah.gnu.org/search/?words=emacs&type_of_search=soft&Search=Search&exact=1
>>
>> This was a false alarm -- I see it now.  Sorry for the noise.
>>
>> However, if I search for "GNU emacs", it doesn't show up.
>

> Could we arrange that searching for GNU Whatever
> tries a search for Whatever among GNU packages
> as well as a search for GNU and Whatever on the whole site?

Although this change is somewhat trivial, we do have other more important
tasks to be getting on with (some Savannah scripts still need auditing/
testing, fixing).  A lot of work still has to be done for Savannah for be
able to accept new projects, and at the moment that has to be our upmost
priority.

I will, however, add a task to the `administration' project for this to
be done when we have the time and the above are done.

--
Elfyn