[Savannah-hackers] submission of Crauti, Tree Organized Objects Containe

From: jaramir
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Crauti, Tree Organized Objects Container - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:56:50 -0400

Francesco Gigli <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Crauti, Tree Organized Objects Container
System name: crauti
Type: non-GNU

The project i've started is called Crauti, it's a Tree Organized Object
Container written in Python for the Gnome desktop. It's my first project that
uses the GNOME framework so i'll spend a lot of time learning how Gnome it'self
is made, probably sometime i'll be also able to write some sort of
documentation or tutorial for Python/GNOME since i find that a winning duo.
Crauti uses an XML file as storage (xml.dom.minidom) Gtk, Glade and GnomeUI as
Grafical Interfaces (gtk, gtk.glade, gnome.ui)
It will also use GConf for preferences saving (gnome.gconf) and gettext
(gettext) for translation and localization.
>From the user point of view Crauti looks like a single TreeView where it's
>possible to drag Objects (ATM only files and directories), organize them in
>different trees. The objects can then be interective with other applications
>by dragging em like in the rest of gnome apps(not implemented yet) or by
>contextual menus (ala nautilus).

Why you should host this?
1) it's FreeSoftware and i'm a poor developer without a public CVS
2) having an higgifull-gnomeish-tree-organized-and-networked bookmark's shelf
will be the cool feature of the day from now to forever :o)

latest tarball (it's under heavy development atm):
http://jaramir.slack.it/crauti-savannah.tar.gz
WikiPage: http://slack.it/?ProjectCrauti (with screenshot)

Other Software Required:
Python (and core modules), python-gnome, pygtk, gnome 2.4 or better

Other Comments:
none

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/