Re: [Savannah-hackers] project registration for Jinx

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] project registration for Jinx
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:03:59 +0200

Hello Tyler,

At the moment, we are not accepting new projects at all.
We are working on making that possible again, abeilt I do not have an ETA. We will be glad to study your project as soon as we are done.

We can contact you when projects approval will be possible again.

Thanks,

Tyler Riddle wrote:
Hello,

A while back I submited a project for hosting on
savannah.nongnu.org. So far I have not received any
status update. Jinx is progressing nicely, I have
started with gtk integration and could make use of the
Savannah resources to help bring in some extra hands.

Incidently, I am hoping that Jinx would wind up well
enough writen to become a part of the Gnu family. I
understand that the Gnu resources are limited but I
believe that I can bring something unique to the
table, A media player supporting: true play-ahead
buffering, something I have not been able to find in
any other player to date; User Interface seperation to
allow the ultimate freedom and integration; and a
novel system to allow seeking in all types of media
sources regardless of transport method (http, ftp,
file system).

These features bring Jinx up to the level of an audio
only tivo, and while I may not be a User Interface
guru, I am designing Jinx so those gurus can really
let their creative juices flow while keeping the same,
powerful feature set that Jinx offers.

I eagerly await your decision,