[Savannah-hackers] Re: Submission of Ural Project - savannah.gnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Submission of Ural Project - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:46:43 +0200

Hello,

[[ PS. Please don't release these tar.gz & zip files to the listserv. ]]

OK.

Attached is a tarball and zipfile, of current Python source, two Ural (input) files, PS file of Ural (during development stages) page, and an output screen capture.

'test1.ural' is a starting skelton, just basic head section format.
'test2.ural' is a real Ural file \& using for final testing of complete application.

** Where am I at:
        I'm currently at between 5.0 & 7.0 stages. (See PS progress.ps.)

I've already integrated a lot of the GNU coding requirements. If you spot something obvious. Please let me know.

Keep in mind that my role is mainly to check for licenses and dependencies issues, so I did not carefully review your source code.

I read about the copyright page (HTML). I presume I have the right template, in the start of my source code file? I don't know how to access the /gd/gnuorg directory.

/gd/gnuorg is a path at fencepost, where most people working on GNU have access. The mentioned template is a paper you have to fill in, sign and send so as to officially transfer your copyright to the FSF. I do not know much about this process, but address@hidden should provide you the information you need, as well as the templates.

Do I have savannah access? I'm not aware of it. Using my gmanndsu moniker & ssh to access; doesn't work.

The SSH access can only be used to access CVS, for security reasons. There is nothing of interest in Savannah itself, actually.

** I'll forward a request about the Copyright papers, as you mentioned.

Ok.

I approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mail
containing detailled information about the approval.

Also, your project type is currently non-GNU.
I forwarded your request to make ural part of GNU.

Glen

PS. As I said before, this is an initial (working) Python form. Once, it is working well. I'll convert it to C++ & STL, besides getting autoconf and making it a documented GNU (to standard) installable project.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. Glen

The classes:

class String_Abs:
class String2_Abs:
class File_Abs_RF:
class File_Abs_WF:
class List_Abs:

; are utility classes, I'm using with Python. When ported to C++, they'll vanish. So, please pardon my leaving their code sections out. They are fully commented of returning such and such.