[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of ttyrpld - TTY replay deamon - savan

From: Jan Engelhardt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of ttyrpld - TTY replay deamon - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:51:36 +0200 (MEST)

>Hi,
>I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
>>
>> Jan Engelhardt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
>> License: gpl
>> Other License: As said, might want to change to OSL (Open Source License)
>> Package: ttyrpld - TTY replay deamon
>> System name: ttyrpld
>> Type: non-GNU
>
>In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
>under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
>statements at the beginning of every file of source code (your current headers
>are nonstandard).

Fixed.

>In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
>text version of the GPL, available from
>(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Added. Does a symlink suffice? If no, a hard link maybe?

>Further, the license you did include, which should be labeled as COPYING, as
>described above, lacks the last section, titled "How to Apply These Terms to
>Your New Programs".
>Please use a complete verbatim copy of the license, which may be found
>at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt,
>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt or
>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt

Don't blame me for that missing paragraph, the initial source I took the
license texts from were installed programs (`locate COPYING`) and they
apparently all have bytecount differences;
anyway, I took the verbatim gpl.txt copy from gnu.org.

>For your reference, the files that need the standard GPL header:

Added.

The new version can be found at http://linux01.org:2222/f/ttyrpld-0.82.tbz2