Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: commit-grub mailinglist

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:13:42 +0200

On 2004.08.08 02:56 Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
On Sunday 08 August 2004 02:41, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> I see things this way: Jeff Bailey asked to enable commit
> notifications for 2 projects he is administrator of, plus GRUB. As I
> have no trace of pre-december CVSROOTs, I do not know whether it was
> previously set-up or not, so I consider this is an enhancement, not
> bug. And as Jeff Bailey is not administrator of GRUB, I asked
> confirmation from Okuji (the only 'policy' here is that I do not
make
> changes to a project unless one of its administrator tells me to do
> so).

I understand. Thank you for the detailed information.

BTW, if my understanding is correct, the bug that commit info is not
sent has been fixed, right? I thought this bug hadn't been solved yet,
since there was no news about this. I'm sorry if I just miss
something,
but I think it would be nice to announce this information on the web
(I mean, the latest news on the top page).

As I said, the 'bug' is not that the commit info is not send. All the CVSROOT directories were reset after the crack. What is new is that the sysadmins and some other people created a way to send mail and install commit info in a chroot'd environment. We cannot 'fix the bug', we only can manually configure log_accum on user request.

Also, we are working on an web interface allowing you to automatically configure it.

Posting a news item is a good idea, the system is well tested now.