Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mixed up attic for AUCTeX.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mixed up attic for AUCTeX.
Date: 12 Aug 2004 03:07:28 +0200

Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 02:07:02AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > [...]
> > If I use the web interface to Savannah at
> > <URL:http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/auctex/auctex/#dirlist>,
> > clicking on the "Attic" link gives me
> >
> > Python Exception Occurred
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/viewcvs/viewcvs.py", line 2654, in run_cgi
> >     main()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/viewcvs/viewcvs.py", line 2607, in main
> >     view_directory(request)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/viewcvs/viewcvs.py", line 1155, in view_directory
> >     fileinfo, alltags = get_logs(full_name, rcs_files, view_tag)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/viewcvs/viewcvs.py", line 1102, in get_logs
> >     raise 'error during rlog: '+hex(status) #+' '+str(chunk)
> > error during rlog: 0x100
>
> It looks as though some of the files in Attic/ have got corrupted.

Just for your information: before you fixed the stuff concerning the
"HEAD" tag, I was able to view the Attic, even though the display of
properly and improperly removed files differed (one sort had an option
at its side like "Attic" has, and the other not.  I don't remember
which was which).

> I'll go through now and try and work out exactly which files, and
> see if we have a backup that's OK.  Needless to say, the Attic/ will
> not be completely available until this is fixed.

As long as HEAD remains available, I am not too concerned for now.
Since I am actively working on the stuff, please don't use a backup on
anything but the Attic if it can be avoided.  It would be quite
unpleasant.

Thanks,