[Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Emacs cursor bug report]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Emacs cursor bug report]
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:49:37 -0400

This message suggests that there needs to be more visible
information on Savannah about how to access CVS anonymously.

Sender: Gary <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 4 9:16:14 PDT
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs cursor bug report

>     I'm working on getting into savannah.gnu.org to get the latest Emacs but
> so
>     far it doesn't like my ssh key.  I've contacted savannah-hackers to ask
> for
>     help.
>
> You don't need an ssh key to read the sources.  That can be done
> anonymously, though I do not know the details of how.  Doesn't it say
> on savannah itself how to do anonymous access?

Ah, thank you.  There isn't anything in the FAQ's or other documentation but
by searching through the support email I was able to find a message about an
"anoncvs" username.  That is allowing me to do a checkout of the Emacs
sources.

...The checkout has finished.
...Doing the configure, now the make
...Says I need to do make bootstrap
...Says I don't have makeinfo installed

Apparently SuSE 9.1 doesn't include makeinfo.  This may take a while.
But I have the latest sources now.

        Gary