Re: [Savannah-hackers] Outdated file location for AUCTeX?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Outdated file location for AUCTeX?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:39:09 +0200

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:55:15PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Hello,
>
> AUCTeX is available at <URL:ftp://www.gnu.org/pub/auctex>.  Yet there
> are outdated versions from earlier time accessible at
> <URL:http://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/files/auctex/beta.pkg/>.  It happens
> that people actually mirror those outdated directories.
>
> What would be a proper procedure to let those directories also point
> at the normal download area of AUCTeX?
>
> Thanks,

Sorry for the delay.

http://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/files/ contains files that were available
before the crack, and may be compromised. I think they were moved
there in case a project administrator needed them, before we delete
them definitely.

I think it is a good time to do so right now.

People at ftp.gnu.org (in Cc) should be able to make a symlink to the
official location then, but I think it would be cleaner if we could
remove the outdated directory definitively.

What do you all think?