[Savannah-hackers] [task #3443] Disable requests for inclusion

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [task #3443] Disable requests for inclusion
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:42:03 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the task tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[task #3443] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Sylvain Beucler
On: Thu 08/26/2004 at 14:37

Should Start On:  Thu 08/26/2004 at 00:00
Should be Finished on:  Thu 08/26/2004 at 00:00
Category:  None
Effort:  0.00

Original Submission:  Hello,

I'd like to disable the feature "Request for Inclusion" against my project
(GRUB). Is this possible?

In my experience, this feature is not very useful but rather annoying. Most
people who did this request to GRUB were always very ambiguous about what they
wanted to do. As far as I see, they even don't understand what "Request for
Inclusion" is.

Since inclusion gives them write permission to the CVS, I cannot accept their
requests unless I know them very well. And, if I know them well, they normally
don't have to send any request from the web interface, because we talk in a
different place (such as IRC) so I know who should be included in my project.

It might be better to show a message instead of just disabling it. For example,
I'd like to display this kind of message when a user tries to be included in
our project:

Thank you for your interest on our project. Please subscribe to the mailing
list address@hidden for discussion. You can get other useful information from
blah blah...

Okuji

-----

I guess this can be done by setting a flag in the 'groups', so the project is
displayed somewhat differently and unselectable in the RFI interface. Handling
a custom text could be done by clicking on the project name in the RFI
interface; it could be stored and edited just like the project description.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3443>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/