Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Incubus Data Modeler - savannah.non

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Incubus Data Modeler - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:10:27 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:36:51AM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> But the most important issue is that you use files from Trolltech,
> that are licensed under the "GNU GPL v2 only", making your whole
> package under the GPLv2 only, which is problematic.

I am wrong here, material _not derivated_ from the Trolltech sources
can be released under the GPL version 2 or later.

However, we do not host code that is released under the GPL version 2
only at Savannah. So for the files derivated from Trolltech's, we have
to find a solution.

I wrote:
> Please find a version of these files released under the GNU GPL
> version 2 or later, or get rid of this dependency.

A third solution would be to ask Trolltech.

To sum up, you used a set of files released under the GNU GPL version
2 only, and made derivated of them.

So we could ask Trolltech to release this set of files under the GPL
version 2 or any later version.

RMS said that people at the FSF are willing to ask this, and that
Trolltech might agree.

Do you want us to ask Trolltech?