Re: [Savannah-hackers] [there is no] Security alert: download for .sig f

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] [there is no] Security alert: download for .sig for streamtuner broken
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:34:37 +0100

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 02:06:00PM +0200, Tels wrote:

> Moin,
>
> trying to download with a browser (mozilla v1.7.2, privoxy as filtering
> proxy):
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/streamtuner/streamtuner-0.12.5.tar.gz.sig
>
> I always receive an error message like:
>
> "/tmp/randomfilenamehere.tar could not be read, because no such file or
> directory"
>
> from my browser as a message box.
>
> Konqueror says it is a non-recognized archive and prompts me to choose the
> archive type (which doesn't work, btw).
>
> Saving the signature with wget creates a 65 byte binary file - which seems
> to contain a valid gpg signature, though. I guess the mime-type for .sig
> files on the server is somehow wrong?
>
> address@hidden:~/incoming> wget
> [...]
> Length: 65 [application/x-tar]
> [...]

I can (and have) fixed the mime type used for signature transfers, but I can't
fix Mozilla.  Downloading signatures and tarballs works fine, for me,  with
Konq and lynx.  Mozilla does error out when attempting to download .sig's for
me too, so I guess this is a bug (in Mozilla).

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4