Re: [Savannah-hackers] Tramp download area

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Tramp download area
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:15:08 +0200

Hello,

The official location to make releases of a GNU project should be
ftp.gnu.org. The Information for Maintainers of GNU Software manual
describes how to get an account there
(http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_20.html).

One of the benefits is that your releases are mirrored around the
world.

However, Savannah provides a download area for each of its project.
So it is not clear for GNU maintainers which one they should use.

We are planning some changes in the way download areas are organised,
to solve these problems, among others.

Meanwhile, I removed the redirection to ftp.gnu.org, and will have a
talk with Elfyn about this issue.

Thanks for your patience,