Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Open Hack' Ware - savannah.nongnu.o

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Open Hack' Ware - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 21:12:11 +0200

Savannah's mission is to host free software projects, and we want the
public to think of them as free software projects.  A project name
that says "open" will tend to lead people to think of the project as
"open source" instead of "free software".

We would be glad if you accept to use "free" instead of "open" in your
project name.

Some files lack a copyright and license notice, and some other use an
incomplete one.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the
GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements
at the beginning of every file of source code.

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.