Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: adcd want to be a GNU package

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: adcd want to be a GNU package
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:27:05 -0400

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 07:20 pm, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 September 2004 06:52 pm, Antonio Diaz Diaz wrote:
> > address@hidden wrote:
> > > The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
> > > become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?
> >
> > Adcd has not been accepted as a GNU package. Have I to resubmit it to
> > get it hosted on Savannah as a non-GNU project?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Antonio Diaz.
> >
> > > Submitter: <address@hidden>
> > > Project Full Name:  ADCD - A Diminutive CD player for Linux.
> > > Project System Name:  adcd
> > > License:  gpl
> > > Approval URL:
> > > https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=6715 Description:
> > > adcd is a CD player for Linux with an interface built with ncurses. It
> > > features all the functions expected in a compact disc player, including
> > > playing selected tracks, random playing, show remaining time, etc. Its
> > > small display makes it ideal for use in an xterm.

> Hi,
>
> I approved your project (as nongnu).  You will receive an automated e-mail
> containing detailed information about the approval.
>
> Regards,

One quick note, now that your project is approved, could you please change the
project's name to not include the reference to Linux.
You should be able to change the title in the public information project page,
https://savannah.nongnu.org/project/admin/editgroupinfo.php?group=adcd

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

Michael J. Flickinger