[Savannah-hackers] submission of blackbox - savannah.gnu.org

From: marco . guardigli
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of blackbox - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:59:46 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

marco guardigli <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: blackbox
System name: blackbox
Type: GNU

Blackbox is a perl script designed to continuosly collect network traffic from
an interface, with specific filter conditions. Traffic is stored in a number of
files in tcpdump format.
Files are automatically deleted when too old and each file is labeled with
start and end time of capture.
Collected traffic can be subsequently analyzed using other tools, like tcpdump,
tcptrace, ethereal and the like.

Blackbox is designed to passively record traffic like a surveillance system,
automatically overwriting old tape, and useful to do effective post-event
analysis.

Blackbox can run on any unix box in which tcpdump or snoop are available. It
can also be used on Windows box, alog with winpcap and windump.

Other Software Required:
libpcap, tcpdump, perl

Other Comments:
This is my first GPL code submission. I think I will need some guidance and
care.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/