Re: [gnu.org #210910] address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] Upload of pages

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #210910] address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] Upload of pages to www.gnu.org/software/paxutils]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:29:40 +0100

Hello Jim,

On Wednesday 22 Sep 2004 21:24, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > address@hidden - Wed Sep 22 12:25:46 2004]:

> > > They only take effect once a day (server restart required).  Seems
> >
> > fine
> >
> > > now.
> >
> > Ehm, that's a little _too_ low, isn't it?  Savannah has gone from
> > mostly
> > real-time, to once a day jobs, slow webcvs updates, mail that takes
> > yonks to
> > deliver, etc...  Will sync-on-commit take care of the first two?  What
> > is the
> > status of that btw?
>
> The symlink system has been as it is now since well before the
> compromise of Savannah.  I could see about making the update more
> frequent (say hourly).

If you could, that would be great.

> We've improved the speed situation on the web server, so I think webcvs
> updates should be moving faster now.
>
> This is the first I've heard about yonky mail.  All of my mail goes
> through gnu.org machines, and it seems real-time.

Hmm, well, it happens quite a lot.  Not always so yonky, that it doesn't get
delivered, but a lot of project submission mails are often hours late
(sometimes a day or more).  I think Paul just fixed this - thanks Paul. :)

> > It's been months since it was 'ready to go next week'..
>
> Paul tells me that the components have been written and need to be
> tested.  Do you have test project with web space you would like to use
> for this?
>
> Realistically, I don't expect to be able to work on this until next week
> at the earliest.

Cool.  I don't want to come across as bitching about this, I've got shed loads
of stuff that's late, etc, etc.. it's just, right now's not a good time to be
getting whiney support requests about www.[non]gnu.org being slow with
updates &c.

Paul, Jim, thanks for all your help.

Elfyn

- --
Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4