[Savannah-hackers] cvs update problem for emacs

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] cvs update problem for emacs
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:58:08 +0900 (JST)

I have a strange problem in cvs update.

I have two working directories for Emacs; HEAD and
emacs-unicode-2 branch.  In the former working directory,
cvs update works without problem.  But in the latter
directory, cvs update just hangs.  It doesn't return.  When
I type C-c, this message is shown:

cvs [update aborted]: received interrupt signal
Killed by signal 2.
cvs [update aborted]: received broken pipe signal

But, cvs update on each file (e.g. cvs update ChangeLog)
works.  cvs commit on each file also works.

I tried to check out emacs-unicode-2 branch in the third
directory as this:
% cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co -r \
                emacs-unicode-2 -d emacs-temp emacs
It works.   But, in the directory emacs-temp, cvs update
hangs.

Could you check what is wrong?

Regards,

---