[Savannah-hackers] Re: backend out of sync &c - take care when editing

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: backend out of sync &c - take care when editing
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:53:33 +0200

> I've created an alias on fencepost with our names in it.  I was on
> an efficiency workout, and it's easier to type
> address@hidden, too :) If you don't want to be on it, tell me
> an' i'll remove you - or you can do it yourself.

It would be good to reorganize the mailing list names; we could create
"savannah-hackers-public",
"savannah-hackers-private". savannah-hackers would point to
savannah-hackers-public for "compatibility".

We could also clean-up "savannah-root", since the name is not very
precise.

And rename savannah-reports to savannah-reports-private.

However, I would always have them managed by Mailman. Having the list
archive is a very convenient feature.

> Also, please be careful when adding code to any of the backend that uses
> backticks as aposed to fork&exec/perl system().  backticks are evil unless
> your in *your* shell.
>
> There's mkdir's and other stuff in it now which uses backticks which
> will (and did yesterday) break taint mode.  Whoever commited
> backtick-using-code, please fix this, and use perl system(...) == 0
> or die(), instead..

It's me. The change fixes the missing "-p" option in mkdir and was
taken from Savane. I'll remember to change it back after the merge.