Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Heuristic Hydrothermal Optimizer -

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Heuristic Hydrothermal Optimizer - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 23:14:30 +0200

> Leonardo Martins <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: mbsd
> Other License:
> Package: Heuristic Hydrothermal Optimizer
> System name: h2o
> Type: non-GNU

> This is H2O, software for the optimization of multi-reservoir and
> multi-period hydrothermal power generation scheduling. Possible target
> audience comprises companies in the electric power field such as generating
> and distributing units, consulting services bureaus as well the scientific
> community. H2O is made of a collection of C routines and applications.
> Please, note that H2O is still a work in progress and reflects recent
> advances in nonlinear network programming algorithms and techniques. It may
> or may not yeld optimal results depending on the configuration of the
> underlying topology as well load demand and incremental inflow estimates.
>
> URL is http://www.nepe.eee.ufg.br/users/~lmartins/h2o/h2o.tar.gz
>

> Other Software Required:
> libxml2
> gtk+
> glib

I have tree comments regarding the notices you used :

- "* Copyright (C) 2004 Leonardo Martins. All rights reserved."
It should be "* Copyright (C) 2004  Leonardo Martins"
You should not add "All rights reserved", since you giving the users
some rights through the mBSD.

- ./include/h2o/xml/xml.h and ./include/h2o/xml/reader.h are released
under the GNU GPL, which basically should make your whole project
under the GNU GPL. Is this normal?

- The files in data/ should also carry a copyright and license
notice. Any file more than 10 lines long have to carry such notice to
avoid legal issues.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.