[Savannah-hackers] submission of Project GoneME - savannah.nongnu.org

From: asubedi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Project GoneME - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 03:39:00 -0400

Hi,

I am reviewing the project that you submitted at Savannah.

address@hidden writes:

 > Mohammed Sameer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 > License: lgpl
 > Other License:
 > Package: Project GoneME
 > System name: goneme
 > Type: non-GNU

 > I'm one of the members of the Goneme project, an attempt to simplify the
 > Gnome DE.
 > Our current project site is on www.Goneme.org. However, the current
 > maintainer has serious problems keeping his server up and the rest of us
 > lack in bandwith to fill this gap.
 > That's why we are interested in your services.
 > Let me give you a short overview of the goal of ur project:
 > We want to simplify Gnome DE to get a clean and elegant DE, consisting only
 > from a few programs and libraries.
 > We believe that we can be the 'third way' between the big DE's (like KDE and
 > Gnome) and the bare WM (openbox, pekwm, and others): a fully functional DE
 > but yet very light in and modular in it's design.
 > I hope to hear from you soon.
 >
 > Other Software Required:
 >

 > Other Comments:

Please register your project again and include an (perhaps temporary)
URL pointing to the source code.  The description you gave when
registering will not be read by the general public.  If you are still
concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by email
address@hidden Please also list the dependencies of GoneME.

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the LGPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.

Regards,
/alaska