Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of LibCVS -- Access CVS through a libr

From: Alexander Taler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of LibCVS -- Access CVS through a library. - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:37:20 -0400

  Alaska> I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.

Thanks, I was wondering if it had got lost, I guess you're busy there.

  Alaska> You mentioned that you are planning to separate the projects. I
  Alaska> assume that you are planning to host the documentation project here
  Alaska> at Savannah and the implementation at cvshome.org. But, both the
  Alaska> projects will have same name and it might create confusion. LibCVS
  Alaska> Documentation / LibCVS-doc would be a good name.

My plan is to separate implementation into one project per
language (currently Perl, ObjectiveC, C, and Python), to ease
licensing, ownership, and project management issues.  In
addition, I want an umbrella documentation project (this one),
which provides a common API for the various implementation
projects, and serves as a focus point for communication.  Ideally
the umbrella project would have the name LibCVS, and the
implementation projects would be called LibCVS-Perl,
LibCVS-ObjectiveC, etc.  However, I would be happy with
LibCVS-API (is this ok for you?) or LibCVS-doc for this project.

How do I go about changing the name, must I submit a new
application under the new name?

  Alaska> I browsed www/ subdirectory of the cvs repository. The files there do
  Alaska> not contain license notification. In order to release your project
  Alaska> properly and unambiguously under the FDL, please place copyright
  Alaska> notices and permission-to-copy statements after the title page of
  Alaska> each work.

Done, with a hyperlink to the license in a file COPYING.

  Alaska> In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
  Alaska> text version of the FDL, available from
  Alaska> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

Done.

  Alaska> For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html and
  Alaska> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html.

  Alaska> Also, the copyright statements in your files are missing `(C)'.

Done

  Alaska> Please address these issues and we will approve your project.

Do I need to resubmit the project?

  Alaska> Thanks

Thank you

- --
http://libcvs.cvshome.org/    Access CVS through a library.
PGP:  ID: 0x23DC453B  FPR: 42D0 66C2 9FF8 553A 373A  B819 4C34 93BA 23DC 453B
The purpose of the minutes is not to record events, it is to protect people.
                -- Sir Humphrey Appleby