[Savannah-hackers] [support #103434] Question about uploads.

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103434] Question about uploads.
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:26:45 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103434] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Michael J. Flickinger <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 10/08/2004 at 18:41 (America/New_York)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
         Assigned to | None                      | mjflick
              Status | Open                      | Closed

The easiest thing to do is to give an ascii export of your public key.

To do this type: gpg --armor --export address@hidden > yourkey.asc.
yourkey.asc will contain the ascii export of your public key.  Simply copy the
contents of yourkey.asc into where you put your public pgp key on Savannah.

The fingerprint is the fingerprint of your gpg key and has nothing to do with
keyservers here.  It may be easier to just list your public key.

[support #103434] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Rob Browning
On: Tue 10/05/2004 at 16:28

Category:  General upload (ftp.gnu.org &amp; savannah)

Original Submission:  I'm the release manager for Guile, and I wanted to make a
new upload; I haven't tried that since savannah was re-worked.

I went to the my config to add a gpg-key and I was a little confused.  It says
you can enter the key or the fingerprint.  Does that mean it looks up the key
from key servers based on the fingerprint, or is the fingerprint just for
something else?

Also, is there a particular format the keys should be in, i.e. --with-colons or
similar?

Thanks

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 10/08/2004 at 18:41       By: Michael J. Flickinger <mjflick>
The easiest thing to do is to give an ascii export of your public key.

To do this type: gpg --armor --export address@hidden > yourkey.asc.
yourkey.asc will contain the ascii export of your public key.  Simply copy the
contents of yourkey.asc into where you put your public pgp key on Savannah.

The fingerprint is the fingerprint of your gpg key and has nothing to do with
keyservers here.  It may be easier to just list your public key.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103434>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/