Re: [Savannah-hackers] gnosys project problems

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] gnosys project problems
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:50:07 +0530

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:20:53PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Believe it or not, we only received this request now. There must have
> been quite some troubles in June in the mail server - I think some
> configuration was changed around that date :/

Never mind, I am happy that the mail is not lost.

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 06:35:08PM +0530, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> >
> > I wish to remind, and bring to your notice some problems.
> >
> > 1. waiting for a long time to get the id of my project changed from
> > gnosys to gnowsys.  earlier I was told that this can be done only after
> > all the urgent problems of the savannah website are solved.
>
> I can do that now. Do you still want to change the name?

Yes, I want the name changed to GNOWSYS or gnowsys.

> > 2. I want the gnowsys project to be a GNU project, it is presently
> > registered as non-gnu.
>
> I can forward your project description automatically to the GNU Eval
> team so they evaluate your project for inclusion in GNU.
>
> Or you can contact directly address@hidden
> Also check http://www.gnu.org/evaluation/

Either way is fine with me.  May be you could forward the request and
I will continue to pursue it from then on.

> > I am waiting since 2002.  Please suggest a solution.
> >
> > Should I register it as a new project to solve this problem?
>
> Well, you are waiting since way before I started contributing to
> Savannah.. It is a shame >(

I was aware of the technical problems that kept savannah off for quite
some time.  I also thought I shouldnt bother the volunteers too
much when I had other alternatives.  But, I love my project to be
hosted at Savannah and eventually become a GNU project.

Thanks and happy hacking!

Nagarjuna