Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approval [spe]

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approval [spe]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:52:09 -0400

On Friday 24 September 2004 01:46 pm, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> > I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
> >
> > On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:48:35 -0400, Aldy Hernandez <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I had two project to be accepted into Savannah.  They still need a
> > > home. Both were related to the powerpc-e500 chip.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > Aldy
> >
> > Before releasing your project under the LGPL, please place
> > copyright notices and permission to copy statements at the beginning
> > of every file of source code.  In addition, please copy a copy of the
> > plain text version of the LGPL, available from
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt into a file named "COPYING".
>
> Hi Michael.
>
> Some of my files are based on some NEWLIB code which has a different
> license.  All the new files will be LGPL, but one or two files will
> have to keep the current newlib licensing scheme.
>
> Is this all ok?
>
> BTW, in case you're not familiar with newlib...it's a lightweight C
> library mainly used in embeddded systems.  Sources and project lists
> can be found on sourceware.
>
> Also, if it wasn't clear in my original message, libspe will include a
> slight fork off of glibc 2.3.3 which I would also like to include in
> the CVS server on Savannah.  Basically, libspe is a glibc add-on, but
> I had to tweak a couple target-independent places throughout glibc.
>
> Please advice.
>
> Thanks so much.
> Aldy

> Some of my files are based on some NEWLIB code which has a different
> license.  All the new files will be LGPL, but one or two files will
> have to keep the current newlib licensing scheme.
>
> Is this all ok?
As long as the new libs files that you are including have a license compatible
with the GPL, that's fine.

Could you add headers to the headerless files, so we could tell what license
they are under as well?

Once you add the headers to the headers to spe, could you please provide us
with a URL to an updated tarball, so we can review it?

My apologies for the belated response.

Michael J. Flickinger