Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of mancala - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of mancala - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:04:47 -0400

Ben Asselstine wrote:
Hi Alaska,

Still waiting for approval here.

Sorry, seems like I forgot to ask you for the updated
tarball containing the headers in the files.

Please put the copyright and license-to-copy notices
in the files and I will approve your project. My previous
(quoted below) email contains futher information on this
issue.

Thanks,

Alaska Subedi

Ben

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:57:23 -0400, Alaska Subedi wrote:

Hi,
I am reviewing the project you sent at savannah.

address@hidden

 > Ben Asselstine <address@hidden> described
the package as follows:
 > License: gpl
> Other License: > Package: mancala
 > System name: mancala
 > Type: non-GNU

 > Mancala is a family of board games played

throughout

the world.

 > Although there have been mancala games in the past,
they only let users play the simple western version of
the game.  Over a hundred mancala variations exist,

and

this software attempts to be able to let users play
them all.

 > This software is a mancala-engine, with the rules
for a particular variation of mancala being

implemented

by configuring a subset of available rule modules.

http://www.asselstine.com/mancala/mancala-0.1.5.tar.gz

 > Some diagnostic output:

 > $ mancala --help
 > Usage: mancala [OPTION...]
 > A mancala game for you and yours.

 >   -f, --flavour=NAME         Play a mancala variant
(default is "default")
 >   -F, --flavour-path=PATH    Specify a search path
for mancala variations
 >   -h, --module-help=MODULE   Show help for MODULE
 >   -l, --module-list          Show modules available
in the search path
 >   -M, --module-path=PATH     Specify a search path
for modules
 >   -u, --ui-module=NAME       User interface

(default

is "text")
 >   -U, --ui-module-cfg=FILE   Use an alternative
configuration file for the ui
 >   -v, --verbose=NUM          Turn on debugging
information
 >   -?, --help                 Give this help list
 >       --usage                Give a short usage
message
 >   -V, --version              Print program version

 > $ mancala --module-help=board/fill_beadbox
 > Regular module: board_fill_beadbox 1.0
 > Usage: board_fill_beadbox [OPTION...]
 > This module puts a specified number of beads in the
box of beads that is
 > associated with the board.

 >   -d, --debug=NUM            Show extra information
while running
 >   -k, --bead-kind=KIND       Fill it with this kind
of bead (Default
 >                              BEAD_KIND_NORMAL)
 >   -n, --beads-per-hole=NUM   Put NUM * rows *
columns beads in the box (default
 >                              4)
 >   -N, --num-beads=NUM        Number of beads to put
in the box
 >   -?, --help                 Give this help list
 >       --usage                Give a short usage
message
 >   -V, --version              Print program version

 > Report bugs to <address@hidden>.

 > This module acts upon the following events:
 >         at the start of a game

 > Other Software Required:

 > Other Comments:

In order to release your project properly and
unambiguously under the
GPL, please place copyright notices and
permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.

For more information, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be
followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy
of the code, for
example, see

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Thanks,