Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Demi - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Demi - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:37:15 -0400

Dark Angel wrote:
Is there a chance that you've browsed another project cvs? All of Demi sources
have GPL notice as license-to-copy at the beginning of files
like:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/demi/stdgba/src/stdgba_memory.S?rev=1.3&view=auto
additionally, license can be found under stdgba/doc

I've provided the current tarballs as an attachcment, but it's a pre-release,
probably needs many many bug-fixes, truly bug-prone and inclues incomplete
modules (like stdgba_surface module, primitive SDL implementation).

Project Demi currently consists of 3 pieces:
stdgba (the C & arm assembly core of Demi)
Demi (the main library, in C++)
gba-ark (pc-side archiver for compression types supported by GBA BIOS: huffman
8/4 bit, rle, lz77, diff 8/16 bit)

in gba-ark, huffman module isn't working yet (has the major prioriority).
there's nothing significiant done for Demi, so i'm not sending it.

i'm aware of the fact that there's no info on copyright holders, is it possible
that we skip this issue temporarily, until i upload the sources to Savannah
repository? i'll get it fixed before the first release (source code release) in
Savannah.

Sorry, I had only meant to write that it did not have copyright notice.
The copyright notice is essential to prove that you have the copyright
to the sourcecode and hence the authority to license it as GPL. Please
fix that issue when you upload the source to Savannah.

I have approved your project for inclusion in Savannah. You should get
more information in the automated mail.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi

regards.