Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of iiufrgs - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of iiufrgs - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:22:35 +0200

Hi,

My concerns was that your code is released under the GNU GPL, and also
rely on LaTeX libraries such as prosper, released under the LLPL,
which is GPL-incompatible.

So first, you need to state an exception that you allow 'linking' your
LaTeX classes with the LaTeX packages you use. See:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs

Then, anybody using your classes will have to release its
documentation under the GNU GPL. This may be what you want, and it is
acceptable, but I would like you to confirm me this fact. If you
don't, maybe you could use the GNU LGPL instead.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the
GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements
at the beginning of every file of source code, not a single one. Every
file of more than 10 lines should contain a copyright and license
notice.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for
example, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Last, the copyright notice you use is not perfectly valid because it
uses '2001-2003'. See
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
further information.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.