Re: [Savannah-hackers] From a newbie: how to download and install Emacs

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] From a newbie: how to download and install Emacs CVS 21.3.50?
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:49:08 -0400

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Dear Savannah hackers,

someone told me I need Emacs CVS 21.3.50
in order to type chinese characters using Emacs and `scim' package.
I visited the web site http://savannah.gnu.org
but was not able to find any package named `Emacs CVS 21.3.50'.
Excuse my ignorance: I don't even know the difference
between a `normal' release of Emacs
(I've just upgraded to the 21.3 version)
and a CVS one.
Maybe could you be so kind as to provide help?
Where and how to download and install Emacs CVS 21.3.50?
I installed Emacs-21.3 following the usual `./configure', `make' and `make install' procedure.
Is the installation of Emacs CVS 21.3.50 much more complicated than this?

Excuse me, and thanks,
                                Rodolfo

Hi Rodolfo,

This mailing list is for discussion related to Savannah only. For asking
help on Emacs, there is address@hidden Please ask your question
on that mailing list.

Good luck,
/alaska