Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gimi

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gimi
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:54:27 -0300

> Project Admins:
> Sergio Aguayo <address@hidden> ;

> Registration Date:
> Sun 10/24/2004 at 23:07

> System Group Name:
> gimi

> Submitted Description:
> The purpose of this project is making a GUI for the well-known FreeDOS
> Operating System. Right now we have a version written in QB (i know,
> that's not free software), but we would like to continue development
> of the kernel version 3 here, this time using

> C language with DJGPP (this time it IS free software). The GUI
> consists on a virtual machine interpreting a set of scripts (which we
> will replace for a bytecode). Right now the project is hosted at
> sourceforge (gimi.sourceforge.net), you can read any info

> rmation there. The current license is just the GPL v2.

> Required software:
> FreeDOS Allegro CuteMouse DJGPP

Hi Sergio Aguayo:

I start to review your project. You don't have license problems on
dependencies, but as you said the current source code was write in QB,
and that can be a problem. I download the source code from
sourceforge.net but I cannot see all the code(some problems with
ZIP). Can you send me source code to my email(address@hidden)?,
I wish to review your new code of that version 3, even if it is not
functional, to catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.

Consider to read the howto above before send me the source code, if
you do it we will work more faster. I'll wait for your source code.

Regards