[Savannah-hackers] Savannah Hackers Update

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah Hackers Update
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:58:22 -0400

Past Weeks:

Week of September 26th:
* Help wanted position posted in effort to get additional Savannah Hackers.
* Notice posted on front page of www.gnu.org pointing to our Savannah Help
Wanted item--thanks to RMS and the GNU Webmasters.

Week of October 10th:
* Elfyn McBratney notified me he would be, in his words, "leaving Savannah."
Hopefully he'll decide at some point to return and assist us once again.

Week of October 17th:
* Up to four new additional Savannah Hackers: Alaska Subedi (asubedi; has full
front-end privileges; works on project approvals), Jonathan Gonzalez V.
(zeus; works on project approvals), Justin Ryan (justizin; helping out with
support requests and hopes to work with us on the backend), and Michael
Casadevall (sonicmctails; greatly assisting with support requests, the
Savannah<-->Mailman sync, and other various backend issues).
* Notice removed from www.gnu.org's front page, as, at least now, we have an
adequate number of  people actively working.
* Support requests and project approvals are finally being processed at a
decent steady rate.
* We also spent a great deal of time instructing the new qualified volunteers.

Upcoming week:

* Sylvain and Michael Casadevall will continue work on the Savannah to Mailman
link.
* Merge and generalize our local Savane changes mainstream so as to allow
rapid and frequent updates and permit us to cleanly work on Savane-related
tasks.
* Currently, our main priority is to continue having a prompt and responsive
service, in regards to support requests and project submissions.

--
The Savannah Hackers