[Savannah-hackers] [support #103516] SSH access blocked

From: Kurt Brauchli
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103516] SSH access blocked
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:47:21 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103516] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Kurt Brauchli
On: Thu 10/28/2004 at 10:28

Category:  Developer CVS

Original Submission:  After submitting a new dss key (for cvs access) via the
website, ssh login is not working anymore. Not from the machine with the new
key, but also not anymore from the machines where it was working before (with a
different key that is still in my key collection on savannah). Public key
authentication is not accepted anymore and now I am always prompted for the
savannah password. I first uploaded the new key yesterday, when the old key was
stil working. Today, neither new nor old are accepted.

excerpt from an ssh session:
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no keys at all
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no more keys
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no message sent
debug1: try pubkey: /home/kurt/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no more keys
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no message sent
debug1: try pubkey: /home/kurt/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no more keys
debug2: userauth_pubkey_agent: no message sent
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: next auth method to try is password

Has there been any change in the ssh login or with the website ?

username: JB
project: ipath

many thanks for any suggestions on what I am doing the wrong way.

Kurt

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103516>

  Message sent via/by Savannah