Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of BestLogin - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of BestLogin - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:08:19 -0300

address@hidden writes:

> Tavril <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: BestLogin
> System name: bestlogin
> Type: GNU

> This will be PHP & MySQL script, to authorize users on your Website. You can
> give permissions to acces some pages only for several users, groups, all
> registered users. You can manage groups, set bans, view stats, send message
> to all users..
> There will be making Backups and other languages support...
> Actually there is only design of new version, but old (working), beta
> version, is here:
> http://www.fixer.devtown.net/bestlogin_beta/
> (There is propably demo admin - Login: Admin, pass: demo )
>
> New version will have much better desgin and new features..
>
> Other Software Required:
> PHP and MySQL server
>
> Other Comments:

Hi Tavril:

You send us just a link to see your work but we wish to review your
source code, can you send the source code to my e-mail
(address@hidden)? I'll review it catch potential legal issues
early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.