Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AppML - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AppML - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:41:33 -0300

address@hidden writes:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org This mail was sent to
> address@hidden, address@hidden
>

> Nelson Ferraz <address@hidden> described the package as
> follows: License: gpl Other License: Package: AppML System name:
> appml Type: GNU

> generator. AppML generates a complete database-driven web based
> application based on a single XML description file.
>
> http://www.gnubis.com.br/bin/view/English/AppML

Hi Nelson Ferraz:

I reviewed the source code in the web that you point, if this is not
the last version of the code, can you send me the updated tarball to
my e-mail(address@hidden)?. The source code at the tarball in
the web had many Copyright and Notice License missing, any file with
more than 10 lines should carry on a Copyright and Notice License,
this rule include all file even the '.sql' files. Consider to read
these URL to learn how to properly apply the Copyright and Notice
License:

       http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
       http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

On the other hand, there's a directory called lib/, this directory
contains many files with a Copyright and Notices License with some
problems. Are these files part of the project or are just a
dependence? In the case that these files are part of the project you
should change the Notices License for the correct Notices for the GNU
GPL and fix the Copyright, you cannot write a range of year and drop
the "All right reserved" string too, but if these files are just a
dependence do not include them in the tarball.

With these changes your project will be accepted as non-gnu. I'll wait
your updated tarball for a new review.