Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of vyqchat - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Thorsten Sauter
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of vyqchat - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:49:41 +0100

Hello Pawel,

* Pawel Stolowski <address@hidden> [2004-10-30 21:35]:
| Hello,
| I'm sorry for being quiet for so long. I've only made contact with one
| author so far (some other sounds are no longer available on Internet and
| I don't know authors), he gave me permission to include his sounds in
| vyqchat. Is this permission enough? Should I remove remaining sounds (if
| I don't know the author)? Icons are based on Crystal KDE ones, so they
| are GPLed (I'll include copyright note with them).

thanks for your answer.
Unfortunatly, the permission from the author isn't enough for Savannah
and probably also not enough for you. If you include such files into
your project other vendors/distributions maybe doesn't include your
software because it contains parts which are not clearly copyrighted.

I propose you to remove the soundfiles which you doesn't know the
author or doesn't have a copyright file. I don't know the copyright
for the KDE themes, maybe you can ask on a kde mailing list or in the
IRC? I think thats a good starting point and if you have the license
for this you can replace the other icons and soundfiles with themes
from the kde project. :-)

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Thorsten

p.s. If you remove these parts during you find a solution I guess we
can quickly accept the project on Savannah.

--
Thorsten Sauter
<address@hidden>

                                (Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?)