Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Skeletal editor of graphs - savanna

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Skeletal editor of graphs - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:19:01 +0100

> Jérôme Varani <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Skeletal editor of graphs
> System name: seg
> Type: non-GNU

> My project is a skeletal editor of graphs. The goal is to place at
> the disposal an application to the developers to model graphs UML,
> Merise or of other of the same type. By the means of a description
> XML, the application will have to integrate new methodologies in a
> dynamic way. It will be written in C++.
>
> This project is carried out within the framework of a work of
> diploma.  For the moment, all the comments will be defined in
> French.

Ok.

> There is currently no source code of writing.
>
> Other Software Required:
> QT 3
> STL
> Xerces-c

Can you tell me what STL implementation you plan to use? (we do not
want the project to rely on a proprietary extension)

Also, Xerces-c is released under the Apache v2 license, which is
incompatible with the GNU GPL. To fix this issue, you can either use a
GNU GPL-compatible XML parser such as Expat, or add an exception to
the GNU GPL notice as described at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs .

Please tell us what you plan to do regarding these dependencies. Upon
review, we will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.