[Savannah-hackers] [support #103558] Please make support input text area

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103558] Please make support input text area larger
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:22:46 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103558] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                jeu 11.11.2004 at 16:16 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Done
              Status | Open                      | Closed

I submitted the bug to Savane. Currently we run with a version with specific
changes that do not allow me to easily apply the changes in both local and
upstream code - I'm working on it.

[support #103558] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Simon Josefsson
On: jeu 11.11.2004 at 14:05

Category:  Savannah website

Original Submission:  The textarea for entering support requests is very small.

Please make it both wider and larger.

Users get a feeling that they shouldn't provide much information (patches, gdb
backtraces, etc) if the input box is small.

Ideally it should be (at least) 80 characters wide, so that ChangeLog entries
and patches aren't garbled by flowing.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: jeu 11.11.2004 at 16:16       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>

Date: jeu 11.11.2004 at 15:47       By: Simon Josefsson <jas>
Thanks!  Problem solved.

Another one discovered, though.  Look at:

https://savannah.gnu.org/support/admin/field_usage.php?group_id=164&update_field=1&field=details

and compare with:

https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=gnutls

The terms "row" and "columns" seem to be mixed up on the first page.

Date: jeu 11.11.2004 at 15:38       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>
It's a nice suggestion. You can define the textarea length for any tracker you
have, in the "Manage Field Usage" admin page.

I'm considering changing the default values in the database.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103558>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/