Re: [Savannah-hackers] Gcc via CVS

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Gcc via CVS
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:42:06 +0100

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:51:26PM -0500, Ben Brown wrote:
> Hello,
>    I'm trying to get the gcc files from savannah.gnu.org, but whenever
> I run the cvs command given on your website
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html), it times out without downloading the
> source. Have you heard of this problem before? Any suggestions?

Hi,

Jonathan and I are currently getting the source from two different
remote places, apparently without problem.

On the other hand, did you run:
$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
in the shell you launched 'cvs' from?

If not, cvs will try to use rsh, which will fail and eventually
timeout.

Can you also precise whether you got no source at all, or if you got
some source files and then the process stalled?