[Savannah-hackers] issue of trademark logo images in source distribution

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] issue of trademark logo images in source distribution
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:27:35 -0500

What is our (Savannah's) policy regarding the inclusion of trademark
logo images in the source code distribution of a project licensed
under GNU GPL? Specifically, I have a project at hand which allows the
distribution of trademark logos in the following terms:

COPYING
   See the "copying.txt" file for instructions.
   Please note, all images showing "aroundme" or "barnraiser" logos are
   a trademark  of Barnraiser. You can distribute them under the terms
   of the copy license, however you are forbidden to alter them.

The file copying.txt has the GNU GPL v2 verbatim.

Thanks,

Alaska Subedi