Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of blackbox - savannah.gnu.org

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of blackbox - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:04:53 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
Mr Subedi,

I never received any information about my submission.
Browsing on the site, i was able to find this note.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-10/msg00157.html

I am sorry you did not recieve my email. However, I had sent it to
you and put address@hidden in the CC.

I am attaching here my project code, which is simple, but fully functional
on two platforms: Linux and Win32.
Currently, it is a quick hack to be able to continuously collect net
traffic. It lacks a command line interface, and parameters have to be
entered in the code.

(See attached file: blackbox.pl)

The copyright notice in the file is not correct. It should be:

Copyright (C) 2003 Marco Guardigli address@hidden

Modified by Cristian Evangelisti (June 2004)

The file also lacks licence-to-copy notice. It should be as follows:

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.

You also need to distribute a file COPYING containing GNU GPL v2
verbatim along with the source code. A copy of GPL v2 can be found
at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

Please put files you wish to distribute in a .tar.gz file. This
is the preferred way for distributing source codes.

After you make these changes, please send me the updated tarball.

The following webpages may be of interest to you.
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/index.html
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/index.html

Please note that for your program to be approved as GNU, it should
be accepted by the GNU evaluation team. When you fix the issues cited
above, I will set the type of this project to non-GNU and forward it to
the GNU evaluation team for review. Until your project is approved by
the GNU evaluation team, it will reside in savannah.nongnu.org. In order
to evaluate your project as a GNU package,  the GNU evaluation team
needs a clear description of the design and plans for
the whole package, and preferably part of the code. If you wish to
elaborate on the project description, you should send it to
address@hidden after your project is accepted as non-GNU.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi

regards,

Marco

|         |           Alaska Subedi    |
|         |           <address@hidden|
|         |           du>              |
|         |           17/11/2004 05.37 |

  |       To:       address@hidden
                                                    |
  |       cc:       address@hidden
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of blackbox -
savannah.gnu.org                                                            |

I am waiting for an answer from you.

If within one week I still do not get a reply, I will remove your
project. You will still be able to register it again once you have the
time to deal with the registration issues.

Regards,
Alaska Subedi