Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DaY bY DaY - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DaY bY DaY - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:47:14 +0100

> Ildut <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: DaY bY DaY
> System name: dbd
> Type: non-GNU

> hello,
>
> The project consists in carrying out a software to manage timetables
> within the framework of a university project in a group of 5
> students.  The software will be carried out in JAVA and will make it
> possible to facilitate the work of the secretaries of the formation
> by announcing the errors which could be made.  We will develop our
> project with Eclipse.  For the moment, we do not have yet starts to
> program, we are in the reflexion part at the moment.
> The site of the project is available to the URL following:
> http://etudiant.univ-mlv.fr/~mmeynier/GL/

You must determine whether your project will run on a Free Software
Java suite (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
information).

We recommend you to test your project using GCJ and GNU Classpath, and
ensure that your Java code runs on this Free Software Java suite.

GCJ is the GNU Compiler for Java, part of the GCC (GNU Compiler
Collection).  The Classpath project aims to develop a free and
portable implementation of the Java API (the classes in the 'java'
package).

More information is available at http://gcc.gnu.org/ and
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/,

Since you are still at the design stage, we urge you not to use
proprietary programming languages from the start. See
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html for more information
about this issue.

Also, I am not able to extract your .rar archives (they must be made
with a recent version of WinRAR, hence requiring proprietary software
to extract their contact). Would you mind using a free format such as
.zip, .tar.gz or .tar.bz2?

Please address these issues and reply, and we will reconsider your
project for inclusion in Savannah.