[Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #215181] GNU GPL plug-in for Eclipse

From: Dave Turner via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #215181] GNU GPL plug-in for Eclipse
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:07:34 -0500

> address@hidden - Thu Nov 25 07:36:34 2004]:

> > I suppose you could dual-license: GPL + EPL.  It wouldn't allow GPL
> code
> > to be linked in when your code was linked with Eclipse, but it would
> > allow portions of your code to be transplanted into other software.
> >

> This sounds the best option then, especially as it allows us to retain
> our project on Savannah.  How do we go about doing this, both legally
> and practically?

If you're the sole copyright holder, you can simply add a notice like
the following:

You may copy, modify, and redistribute this file under the terms of the
GNU General Public License version 2 (or, at your option, any later
version), and/or the Eclipse Public License version 1.0.

[standard GPL notice]

[standard EPL notice]

> I take it we still need a separate project for the
> dual-licensed editor sub-project?

Since this is a matter of Savannah administration, I'll let Sylvain respond.

--
-Dave "Novalis" Turner
GPL Compliance Engineer