Re: [Savannah-hackers] changing file permissions in CVS

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] changing file permissions in CVS
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:39:29 +0100

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 07:47:48AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> How can I change a file permission in the CVS?  More specifically,
> I've checked in a file with the executable bit set, which I would like
> to remove (in groff's CVS, the file `contrib/gdiffmk/tests/tests.sh).
> Ideally, I would like to have a web form for that to avoid bothering
> you...

The cederqvist states that: "CVS also ignores file permissions and
ownerships, leaving such issues to be resolved by the developer at
installation time." (node "Special Files").

So in principle we should not change file permissions, and set our
autotools configuration files accordingly instead.

What do you think?