Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Photo Organizer - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Photo Organizer - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:07:43 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Belint Kis,

You have the 'COPYING' file missing. This file should contain a
verbatim copy of the GNU GPL, you can get it from here:

      http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

All the files under doc/ have the Copyright and License Notices
missing, fix this. You have to include a Copyright and License Notices
in any file with more than ten lines long.

You cannot include a range of years in the Copyright Notices and you
have to remove the "All rights reserved" from end of the Copyright
Notices, since you giving the users some right through the GNU GPL.

In order to learn more about the GNU GPL, consider to read the GPL
Howto, you can get it here:

     http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

To avoid confusions about how to apply a proper Copyright and License
Notices, consider to read these URLs too:

     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

On the other hand you have some compiled java files in src/java/, can
you provide us with the source code of these files and tell us how you
compile them?

I found a file called ColorSearch.java under license that suppose to
be here: http://www.maxuna.com/licensing, but the URL returns "Not
Found", can you provide us with a good URL to read the license?

Please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them with an
other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to have
free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply to the
compress program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,