Re: [Savannah-hackers] arabic project should be GNU web-only

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] arabic project should be GNU web-only
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:47:30 +0100

Hi,

The project is more than "web-only", since it plans to translate GNU
documentation, including but not restricted to the www.gnu.org website
(according to its description).

Moreover, the GNU Webmasters recently decided to host the translation
teams' coordination webpages at www.nongnu.org, I think because there
is no standard hierarchy for this kind of content at www.gnu.org.

'GNU web-only' is rather for GNU packages that only host the webpages
at Savannah, and the old translation teams that were not moved to
www.nongnu.org.

Translation teams do not have a clear status; we consider 'GNU',
projects that have been approved by RMS as part of the GNU project and
clearly marked as such somewhere in fencepost - hence why I forwarded
the 'arabic' project to GNU Eval.

Non-software projects webpages part of GNU should not be published in
www.gnu.org/software/, so if there is a need to host such packages at
www.gnu.org, the GNU Webmasters should reconsider the website layout.

Do you have some solution in mind?