Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Qmira : you want to see me ! - sava

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Qmira : you want to see me ! - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:12:54 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Lecomte Jean François,

I reviewed the source code that you submitted and have some problems.

You have the Copyright and License Notices missing in many files. Any
file with more than ten lines long should carry on a Copyright and
License Notices, this rules include shell scripts, Makefiles(generated
by hand), ui files, etc. You can see more information about how to
apply the GNU GPL here:

      http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

In all the Copyright Notices you have, you are using '(c)', you should
use '(C)' with an upper case C, consider to fix this. To avoid any
confusion about how to apply a proper Copyright and License Notices,
consider to read these URLs:

      http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
      http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

About how to license the .ui files under ui/ directory if these files
doesn't accept comments, you can include a file called
'UI-FILES.LICENSE' in the ui/ directory, with the Copyright and
License Notices for these files.

I sent an email to address@hidden asking about the license of JPEG
library, we have to be sure that the license of this dependence it is
GPL-Compatible.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.