Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ZSNES Documentation Project - savan

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ZSNES Documentation Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:50:57 +0100

Your project comply with our policies, except for these 2 points:

Firstly, "Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like
to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software
movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

Secondly, in order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GNU GPL or the GFDL, please place copyright notices and
permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of every file of source
code.

Currently, the license included in the archive is the GNU GPL. Do you
plan to use the GNU GPL or the GFDL?

For more information about applying the GNU GPL, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

For more information on applying the GFDL, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4 and
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Last, these documents provide information on using standard copyright
and license notices in your pages:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.